Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rose's Dwell Studio Gio Lemon Bedroom


As mentioned in my last post, I was lucky enough to snap up a bargain Dwell Studio Gio Lemon duvet set for Rose's room while Taff was in the UK. There is a great online store called Lula Sapphire and they are one of the biggest stockists of Dwell Studio in the UK. They had a special on the Gio Lemon girl's range and they were selling the sets for 40 pounds each, less than a third of the cost of the same set in NZ.
The Gio range is a pattern inspired by Danish and Italian toys of the 1960's and 70's and a colour palette inspired by Italian designer Gio Ponti's interiors of a hotel in Sorrento, Italy.
There are squirrel, kangaroo, snail and clover motifs and I think they are gorgeous. I was going to save the set for summer, after all, if you read my blog regularly you will know I was going for a blue theme just a short while ago! After picking up a plush taupe Highland Rug on sale at Ezibuy, I just couldn't resist using the Gio set now as they went together so well.

It has just the right amount of pink to please Rose and she has a love for kangaroos so thankfully it passed her stringent standards. I know I won't always have a say in the way she wants to decorate her room so I am enjoying it while I can!

It feels great to have a finished room in the house. It is the only room where all the little details, trims, painting, etc are done so we are thrilled it is finished. When we moved here it was the worst of the bedrooms so we wanted to complete it first. I love looking back at the photos of what it was like when we moved.
It was such a dark and cold room but believe it or not, it is now one of the sunniest spaces in the house. Taff cut down the trees outside her window and the white paint really reflects the light and makes the space seem a lot bigger.
This whole process is one of the reasons I love older homes so much. Buying a house that is already the best it can be, is no fun at all. It is uncovering a home's potential and making it your own that is the real joy!

No comments: