Thursday, October 28, 2010

Too Cute!

During the school holidays I indulged in one of my favourite past times...foraging through op shops. Due to the limited hours these types of stores are open, I can never get there during term time so it was a real treat to take my time wandering through the Hospice shop. I love that you just never know what you will find!
A couple of years ago I posted here about my love of vintage patterns and my search for an elusive Simplicity pattern for retro kids overalls and pinafores. Guess what? I finally found it! I have literally been searching for years for this pattern after seeing it on another blog. This particular blog was a sewing blog and the woman makes these retro overalls in gorgeous fabrics and they sell like hotcakes.
I would love to make Harry a pair of overalls (though they won't have Spiderman on them so I don't know if I will have any luck getting them on him!) and a little pinny for Rosie. I am also keen to try one of the little Jiffy dresses for summer. I will add these projects to my extensive 'to do' list. :-)

No comments: