Here is Harry's nursery, created from the extra space we borrowed from the living area. Yes, this room was actually part of the original lounge! Because we were making such big changes in here, this room was probably the biggest job in the house. The right hand side wall had to be built and a new door frame cut out of the wall from the hallway. The existing left hand side wall was originally tongue and groove panelling, a tell tale feature of homes of this era. We were going to seal it with a smooth surface sealant from Resene and paint it white, however a short way into the project we realised that it wasn't going to look very good so Taff used a crow bar and ripped it all out! We got the builder to install new Gib and it was definitely the better option. By the time he had finished, it looked like the room had always been there!
Dad helped me out (surprise, surprise) with most of the furniture in this room. He painted the drawers, the cot and the cube storage for me. The cot was actually from Boori, an Australian brand and unavailable in NZ. I was really keen on one of these as they are larger than standard USA size cots commonly sold here. I found this one on Trademe in a honey oak finish and Dad refinished it in white for me. The star bedside table and chair were from Treehouse and I saved up for those. :-) We kept it very simple in here and it was the perfect space for a nursery.
Tomorrow I will share the kitchen, dining area and laundry...yes, they were all in the same room!