I am thrilled to finally be sharing some photos of our finished master bedroom. This room was painted a year ago in Resene Double Alabaster but it was left unfinished as we knew immediately that the colour was not right for the room.
There was all the cutting in to complete, all well as completely repainting the wardrobe, frames and skirting. A couple of months ago Taff decided to tackle this room and he worked extremely hard for a few days to get it all done.
After a lot of test pots and paint swatches we finally decided on Resene Soapstone, which is a warm neutral. After some initial doubts we are now happy with the colour and think it suits our 1960's house a lot better than a stark grey white.
In fact, we like it so much that we have decided to paint the rest of the house in this colour. We also chose to paint all the frames and skirting in white high gloss enamel, to provide a nice contrast to the Soapstone.
As you can see, there is always a certain amount of upheaval when you redecorate but it is worth it in the end. Taff is a perfectionist in his painting and he did a fantastic job. :)
We have now finished three of the bedrooms and are continuing work on the other areas upstairs. It is a slow process as we have to fit it all around work and family time but we will get there! :)