Monday, January 31, 2011

Memories

It is interesting (to me anyway!) how many memories are tied up in the 'things' around us. When I think about some of my childhood memories it is a real assortment of experiences, pictures and feelings. It is sometimes the smallest things that remain etched in our minds. For example, see this cute little footstool? It belonged to my grandparents and I have many memories attached to it. I remember sitting on it to watch TV with my Papa, I remember turning it on it's side and rolling across the floor. I also remember trying to reach it with my short legs in an attempt to be just like my Grammy and Papa.
 Over the years I have often thought of this little stool and recently my fantastic uncle kindly gifted it to me. I was so thrilled to receive something that holds such special memories for me and now my own children can enjoy it as much as I did. I love that everytime I see it, I think of my grandparents and it is a great reminder to me of the importance of sharing these memories with my two littlies.

No comments: