Saturday, June 25, 2011

Organising Project: Gift Box

Another quick little organising project that I have finally got around to completing. I am not sure why it has taken me so long, it took me all of 5 minutes to put together so there was no excuse really. :)
I have wanted to put together a little gift box for a while now, as a way of storing gifts, wrapping paper, gift bags and cards for times when I need to get a present together quickly. There are times when it seems my littlies are attending birthday parties every weekend and it gets time consuming and tiring to keep making special trips out to buy gifts.
Time pressures also mean you may not always get the best deal and end up paying more than you wanted to, or settling for something that isn't quite right. I have done both of these things on more than one occasion!
The idea behind this little project is that you pick up gifts that might appeal and store them away for when you need them in the future. For example, Harry and his friends love Transformers so when I saw a 50% sale on Transformers, I picked up a few to pop in the box and having them there has saved me several shopping trips on a Saturday morning.
This plastic crate was sitting unused in our garage but you can find similar ones at stores such as Payless Plastics, Briscoes and The Warehouse. They are inexpensive and easy to stack or store in a cupboard or closet.
Just gather together all your present supplies, from cards and paper, to cellotape and scissors and you will have your own portable gift station. It will save you time and money. :)

No comments: