Thursday, May 12, 2011

Organising Vouchers and Coupons

A quick little organising project for you today. :)
I am a coupon/voucher girl and the bargain hunter in me always likes to keep any good offers that come my way. From petrol discount vouchers to coupons that arrive in the mailbox, I like to keep them handy for when I need them.
I'll be honest, my previous system involved tossing them on the kitchen bench, in my bag or in the car and they were far from handy or easily accessable. I was forever searching for the ones I wanted, never being exactly sure where they were!
It was starting to bug me and when something starts to bug me, it motivates me to do something about it! I found this great mini file from Warehouse Stationery for a few dollars and spent a few minutes organising all my bits and pieces from around the house so they were all in one central location.
I used my trusted labelling machine to sort everything into categories and the file itself is the perfect size to keeping in the car or in my hangbag. I have found this especially useful for organising vouchers from the Entertainment Book. It is a very heavy book and isn't practical to lug around so I tear out the vouchers I am planning to use in the next few weeks and file them so they are ready to go when I need them.
I also use this mini file for storing important receipts and so far my new system is working well. :)

1 comment:

Time Flies said...

That is a really neat idea:) i might have to steal that:) i am forever losing vouchers etc