Saturday, June 28, 2008

Harry's Retro Overalls

I have finally made my first garment for Harry! I used one of my Red Cross "20 cent" patterns for some retro overalls, the pattern is from the 1970's. My sister recently gave me a pair of black crosshatch jeans that were brand new that didn't fit her. I wore them a couple of times but they were a bit big for me too, so I used them to make the overalls! Thanks Dort!

I lined the top of the overalls with some left over brown check fabric from Rose's dress (see below) and found an old badge to sew onto the pocket. Unfortunately when I used my Elnapress to iron it, I forgot to cover it with a cloth so the badge has a few marks on it it now! Haha. :-)

I am pleased with how they turned out and was very surprised at how quick and easy they were to make. I especially like the wide leg on them! I lengthened the hem so they can be worn turned up if neccesary. I think I need to move the buttons down a bit in order to do this as at the moment they fit Harry fairly snugly in the body length.

Photographing a toddler was difficult but you get the idea! :-)

No comments: