Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chocolate Weetbix Crunch

There are times when you NEED something sweet and you need it FAST! This is my 'go to' recipe when I am feeling my family are feeling like a quick sweet treat. :)
Chocolate Weetbix Crunch (Microwave)
100 grams butter
1 Tb golden syrup
1 cup white flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tb cocoa
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup crushed weetbix (approx 2 biscuits)

Melt butter and golden syrup in a mixing bowl at 50% power for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir until melted and add remaining ingredients. Press into an oblong dish (I use a glass Pyrex one) approximately 27cm x 17cm and cook at 70% for 5 minutes.
Mark into squares and cut while hot.
Sprinkle with icing sugar or chocolate icing when cool.
I am the type of person that hates to waste anything so I make this recipe when we get to the bottom of a Weetbix box. It is perfect for using up all the "crumbs" in the bag and is a great lunchbox filler which you can whip up in no time. :)

No comments: