Last night I ventured out to the sleepout, aka sewing room for the first time in many weeks. I was so busy at school towards the end of 2008 that there wasn't any time to sew unfortunately.
I decided I needed something quick and easy for my first garment for 2009! This vintage nightgown was the answer. I bought the pattern last year in my Red Cross haul but it has sat unused, largely because it is a Summer pattern and I couldn't begin to think about sewing it in Winter! Rose "consulted" with me throughout the process and chose the style she wanted (long and flowy of course!), along with the fabric which was one of the $1per metre Spotlight purchases. She sat with me while I cut out the pattern and fabric and then it was time for bed. It was a quick and easy pattern and although my gathering at the bottom isn't perfect, next time I think I will just do the one frill rather than the double frill. I think it will look just as effective, use less material and still "twirl" sufficiently for Rose's liking. The nightgown has been a big success already and I got up this morning to discover that she had ditched last nights Pumpkin Patch nighty and had donned the new one. I think I might have to make a few more as they are super cute and like nothing you can buy in shops here. Now....onto the next project!