Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cross Cushions




I made these cushions a while ago but have just got around to "blogging" them now. I had long admired the 'Smoke and Ocean Cross' cushions from http://www.threaddesign.co.nz/ but at $70 a piece, they were cost prohibitive for me. Through a stroke of good luck, I was able to source an old Thread Design duvet cover on Trademe. I didn't like the colour...BUT it did have a stripe each of the 'smoke' and 'ocean' fabric in it. I chopped it into pieces and created my own cushions which are slightly larger than the originals. I invested in some lovely feather inners and they were done. My attempt at inserting an invisible zip in each cushion wasn't perfect but I have since been advised on how to fix it. The second photo is from the Thread Design website and the top photo shows my own cushions. :)


No comments: