Friday, January 16, 2009

Duvet Inspiration




When I was down in Gisborne a couple of weeks ago, I popped into Arthur Toye fabrics to see Nana, who happened to be working there that day. They had a great sale and Nana helped me choose several patterns for half price. I was on my way out to meet Taff (who had gone across the road to check out Muir's Bookshop) and I spotted a gorgeous nautical print canvas peeking out from amongst a rack of fabric. I headed straight for it and saw that it was half price, down to $8.90 per metre. It was exactly what I was looking for! With Harry's white bunks on order from http://www.modesign.co.nz/, I wanted to make a pair of duvet covers for him. Realistically, he won't be in his bunks for a while as he is quite happy in his cot but I like to plan ahead! lol. I got the last 6 metres left on the roll and have it tucked away in my sewing room as a future project. Imagine my surprise to see the EXACT same fabric being used for duvets on one of my favourite children's bedding websites, http://www.treehouse.net.nz/, however they are selling them for $152 each excluding pillowcase! I got a bargain! Here is a picture of the Treehouse ones. My piece of fabric from Arthur Toye is also pictured. Hard to tell the difference don't you think?





No comments: