Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bump Update: 33 Weeks

Just look at this thing...it is huge! I am certain I am bigger this time around and after a recent growth scan, it appears I might be right. I don't have big babies usually but this one is pretty big for me. The scan indicates it is already 4 pounds and after having a 5 pound Rosie (at full term!) and a 7 pound Harry, the sonographer indicated this one could even make it to 8 pounds. I am sure this doesn't sound huge to many woman but I for one am quite scared at the prospect! 
My expanding bump!
This little bub is measuring just on average for weight but is on the 98th percentile for height. Harry was the same and I remember packing a carefully chosen Size 0000 outfit for him to come from the hospital in. The top and pants both ended up being 3/4 length on him! The night time "get ups" are definitely on the increase now and I am averaging between 3-5 trips to the bathroom a night. I guess it is nature's way of getting me used to all the night time feeds I will soon be facing. :)
Overall, I feel pretty good and am finding it so much easier to dress for a summer pregnancy this time around. I wear dresses most days as they are comfortable and cool to wear in the summer heat. I remember struggling to make my 2-3 pairs of winter work trousers look different each day, despite wearing them 5 days a week for weeks on end! I love feeling the baby move and kick, it is so reassuring and I never get sick of it. For the most part the kicks are gentle but every now and again I get a boot in the ribs. It is such a busy time at the moment with family and work commitments, however I can't help but think that this is such an amazing season of life to be in and I have never been happier. I love my family, I love my work and I am truly blessed. :)

No comments: