Saturday, April 7, 2012

38 Week Bump Update

I have just finished what could quite possibly be the busiest ten weeks of my life and I am so grateful that I was able to continue working up to 38 weeks. This was a little longer than I had originally planned, but it just made sense to finish the school term and begin my maternity leave in the school holidays. Besides, my replacement is overseas and not back on NZ soil until next week!
I set myself lots of mini milestones along the way and as each one passed, I was able to relax a little bit more. The workload has been particularly strenuous this term and this has often meant long days...followed by long nights of more work. With the support of a super bunch of colleagues I was able to finish the term and it is hard to believe I am officially on maternity leave now!
Luckily, I love my work and have been in good health apart from being severely anaemic. I credit my iron tablets for getting me back on track and giving me the energy to keep going every day. With so many things to get through each day in my role as a wife, mum and teacher, I am sad to say that preparing all the things needed for this new little one has had to take a back seat to other priorities.
I am pleased to report that this has changed in the last two days and we now have a place for our little one to sleep! lol. I have been trying to get all the clothes and blankets washed and ready to go and it has been lovely digging out old favourites from when Rosie and Harry were babies. I had forgotten how tiny newborn clothes are.
We also picked up the cot today and the next job is to install the carseat. It is hard to believe that this little one is due in less than two weeks and if he or she wants to take their time, I am more than happy to wait. I am in no rush for this pregnancy to end! :)

No comments: