Thursday, October 27, 2011

School Sharing Morning 2011

Rosie's school recently held their annual sharing morning for the junior students.
It is an opportunity for parents to come in and see their child's work and have a look at the displays around the classroom.
As a teacher myself, I know the work that goes into preparing for a morning like this so I really appreciated the opportunity to visit Rosie's room.
Each of the children had a set routine of items they wanted to share with their parents and they had prepared short little "speeches" on each of these.
Rosie loved showing me her reading and writing books and was especially proud of her poems and art.
She even showed me the height chart for the class and to our surprise, she wasn't the shortest! For the longest time she has always been the smallest in the class. :)
Although it isn't always easy to make it to events like these, especially for working parents, it is so worth it when you see your child's face light up when you appear at the door and I am so glad I got to go this year. :)

2 comments:

Time Flies said...

WOW thats awesome...well done rosie with all your fab items...bet mummy is very very proud of you

Tui B said...

Thanks Sharlene! Won't be too long before Dakota is at school and you will be the school mummy! lol. Hope the prep for the move is going well. :)