Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Harry's 'Rip'Stop' Shorts




Nothing exciting, but yes, more shorts! A navy and an army green pair. I made these two pairs of shorts from Nana and Karen's 'Rip-Stop' stash of fabric! According to Wikipedia, rip-stop is a "lightweight nylon fabric with interwoven ripstop reinforcement threads in a cross-hatch pattern. It is woven with coarse, strong warp and filling yarns spaced at intervals so that tears will not spread". Anyone who has had experience with a little boy will know about worn knees in their trousers! :-)

I have had these cut out for ages but have been so busy that I haven't had the chance to sew them up till last week. The floor sanders were working upstairs so we were "trapped" downstairs for a few days and I was able to dust the cobwebs away from my sewing machine. It felt great! I used a Burda pattern which I bought for Harry a few months ago and they were super easy to make. Harry has worn both pairs already and loves the soft elastic waist. There is another pair cut out and sitting by my machine for the next snippet of time I have!

No comments: