Tuesday, November 25, 2008

30 Minute Tutu...











Rose is going to a friend's 5th birthday in a couple of weekends so we decided to get creative and make a gift rather than buying one. We decided to make a little dress up outfit for Ashlee.


Rose and I popped along to Spotlight yesterday and she chose the the two tulle colours, "candy" pink and mint green. We got a hair band from the $2 shop and cut it up to make the flower decoration on the waistband and used long strips of white satin ribbon which I already had in my sewing cupboard. We also bought a basic white singlet and an iron-on butterfly motif.


After using Google to search "tutus", I found a great link for a 30 minute "no-sew" tutu. Technically it isn't quite "no-sew" as you have to sew the waistband elastic together. Other than that it is super easy! It took me a little longer than 30 minutes as it was my first attempt and there are things I would do differently next time but overall, Rose and I are happy with it.








No comments: