Saturday, August 23, 2008

"But I don't like pants anymore"!!!!





This is the phrase I hear every morning. Actually, it begins the night before when Rose asks, "Mum, am I wearing a skirt or pants tomorrow"?


And so begins the 4 year old phase, whereby pants are no longer cool and skirts or dresses are the only things that will do!


It was on one of these occasions that I popped out to the sleepout, aka sewing room, and whipped up this skirt. I was feeling like I wanted to create something but only had a few minutes to spare. Now that I am working full time, I am not visiting the sleepout as often these days! Sob, sob.


Being a freezing wet winter in Auckland, I needed something sturdy and sensible....denim!

I made up this pattern using some dark blue denim and a bright pink offcut, a few seams later and it was done.


I may have to make more of these if this phase continues! :)



No comments: